Chinese noodle chicken is a flavorful and satisfying dish that combines tender chicken, vegetables, and noodles in a savory sauce. It’s a comforting and satisfying dish that’s perfect for a family dinner or for serving guests. This Chinese noodle chicken recipe is versatile and you can customize it by adding or substituting different vegetables or adjusting the seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy Chinese cuisine!
Here’s a simple recipe for Chinese noodle chicken
- 8 oz Chinese egg noodles or any other type of noodles of your choice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced vegetables of your choice (such as bell peppers, carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (optional, for darker color)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce (if using), cornstarch, and sugar to make the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger to the hot oil and stir fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chicken to the wok and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until it’s cooked through and no longer pink. Remove the cooked chicken from the wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, add a little more oil if needed, and then add the sliced vegetables. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften but still retain their crunch.
- Return the cooked chicken to the wok with the vegetables.
- Add the sauce mixture to the wok and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken and vegetables evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked noodles to the wok and toss them with the chicken and vegetables until they are well coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
- Serve the Chinese noodle chicken hot and enjoy the delicious flavors!