If you’re looking for fast and easy pancakes recipe to whip up for breakfast or brunch, here’s a simple one that requires just a few basic ingredients.
An Overview of Pancakes
Pancakes are a type of flat, round cake made from a batter consisting of flour, eggs, milk, or buttermilk, and a leavening agent, such as baking powder or baking soda. They are typically cooked on a hot griddle or frying pan and can be enjoyed in various ways, such as with butter, syrup, fruit, or other toppings.
Pancakes are a popular breakfast food in many countries and cultures around the world. They come in various shapes, sizes, and flavors, and are often associated with traditions and celebrations. For example, in the United States, pancakes are commonly eaten on weekends or during holidays like Pancake Day (also known as Shrove Tuesday or Fat Tuesday), while in France, they are called crêpes and are often filled with sweet or savory fillings.
Pancakes have a long history, with evidence of similar flat cakes being made by ancient civilizations such as the Romans and Greeks. Today, there are countless variations of pancakes, including fluffy American-style, thin French-style crêpes, Japanese-style okonomiyaki, and many more, each with its own unique characteristics and flavors. Pancakes are versatile, delicious, and enjoyed by people of all ages around the world.
Fast and easy pancakes recipes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cooking spray or additional butter for greasing the pan
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix; some lumps are okay.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray or butter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto the hot skillet and cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more cooking spray or butter as needed to prevent sticking.
- Serve the pancakes hot with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips.
This recipe makes about 8-10 pancakes, depending on the size. You can easily double or halve the recipe as needed. These pancakes are light, fluffy, and perfect for a quick and satisfying breakfast or brunch. Enjoy!